Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good News!

Just last night my ankle hurt badly enough that I was sure it was going to be at least another week before I could ditch the crutches, but this morning I took my first few [awkward] steps without them! Perhaps I will just leave them home tomorrow.

It's only been 2 1/2 weeks, but I never thought that walking could feel like such a miracle! And it coincides perfectly with the beginning of spring; yesterday I even saw people wearing shorts and sitting outside on the grass (hopefully I didn't jinx us . . . Utah can be such a tease).

On the other hand, it has been kind of nice being forced to cross campus so slowly. It gives me plenty of time to soak up the sun (or snow, depending on the day...), think, or just listen to my iPod. Unfortunately, the battery in my little shuffle died this morning, so I'll just have to spend more time thinking instead.

2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

That's what I felt about swallowing. :) You never realized how much you take something for granted until you don't have it/can't do it. e.g. swallowing with strep. I feel for you, I really really do.

Love you!

Barbara Rich said...

I'm glad you're doing better, Abby. You'll probably never take walking for granted again!