Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Boot is Made for Walkin

I still have my crutches today, but now I also have a walking boot! It feels big and clunky and I hesitate still to put my weight on my left side, but I'm healing! Being able to put any weight on it at all feels a little bit like a miracle. The doctor told me the X-rays looked pretty good. Yay for progress!

I never before realized how much my attitude and self-esteem depends on my ability to move with ease--to run, to dance, to clean my room, to grab the newspaper with my free hand as I quickly pass by, to jump out of bed in the morning, to take a brief shower, to stand on 2 feet to cook a dinner (however amateur).

Now that the hardest part is behind me, I wish I had been more optimistic, but let me justify my attitude by saying that I tried hard, and on occasion achieved said optimism. But, at the time, I very sincerely felt almost irrevocably tired, frustrated, misunderstood, and perpetually behind.

But today there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I will be able to walk on my own again soon! I will be able to focus all my energy on my life goals and helping others rather than just trying to get up the stairs or open the door. I will be healed in time to go to Jerusalem.

Cheers to soon being able to do athletic things once again:





























3 comments:

Barbara Rich said...

For a very active girl to be slowed down by crutches must be very difficult! Have you really mastered standing on your head the yoga way?

Abigail said...

Apparently I had at one time at least!

katilda said...

You’re so hardcore on that longboard and I love it.